WEEKLY TOP GAINERS/LOSERS: 07.12.2018
Top Gainers – The World Market
1. China Evergrande Group – stock prices of the Chinese company, which is engaged in the development of real estate properties, rose due to the publication of good revenue indicators for November.
2. LUKOIL (OAO) ADR – stocks of the Russian oil company increased after the announcement of the payment of interim dividends.
Top Losers – The World Market
1. Coca-Cola Amatil – stock prices of the Pacific unit of the non-alcoholic drink manufacturer Coca-Cola fell after the sale of its subsidiary SPC Ardmona.
2. Weatherford International Ltd – stock prices of the American oil and gas company fell after considerable losses in the 3rd quarter and sales of assets in Saudi Arabia.
Top Gainers – Foreign Exchange Market (Forex)
1. NZDCAD, NZDUSD - the growth of these charts indicates the strengthening of the New Zealand dollar against the Canadian and US dollars. This was contributed by higher prices for milk powder and dairy products, which are an important part of exports of New Zealand.
2. EURTRY, USDTRY - the growth of this chart means the weakening of the Turkish lira against the euro and the US dollar. An increase in inflation in Turkey and forecasts of a decrease in GDP in the 4th quarter had a negative effect.
Top Losers - Foreign Exchange Market (Forex)
1. GBPNZD - the decline of this chart means the weakening of the British pound against the New Zealand dollar. Brexit continues to have a negative impact on the UK currency.
2. USDSEK, GBPSEK - the decline of this chart indicates the strengthening of the Swedish krona against the US dollar and the British pound. Signals about the possible tightening of the monetary policy of the Swedish Central Bank (Riksbank) have a positive effect.
Note: This overview has an informative and tutorial character and is published for free. All the data, included in the overview, are received from public sources, recognized as more or less reliable. Moreover, there is no guarantee that the indicated information is full and precise. Overviews are not updated. The whole information in each overview, including opinion, indicators, charts and anything else, is provided only for familiarization purposes and is not financial advice or а recommendation. The whole text and its any part, as well as the charts cannot be considered as an offer to make a deal with any asset. IFC Markets and its employees under any circumstances are not liable for any action taken by someone else during or after reading the overview.